Draw From Holster (2hr) $49.95
The Draw from Holster (DFH) class will cover the proper steps to safely draw from a holster. You will learn the methodology of the open carry draw and concealment draw. This is an introductory class with live fire drills.
After establishing range safety, proper grip, stance, and sight picture, we will provide instruction into the proper drawing and holstering of a firearm. We will also address the dangers and potential hazards of improper carrying and re-holstering.
You will practice multiple repetitions with dry and live fire draws. Proper holster and equipment are mandated for safety. No nylon holster allowed, no Blackhawk Serpa, or other holster that requires your trigger finger to remove retention. Holster must be strong-side outside the waistband. Kydex material is highly recommend over all other materials. In Conceal Carry 1 (IWB) inside the waistband holster and appendix holster are not taught.
- Semi-automatic pistol
- 2 magazines
- 50 rounds for your pistol
- OWB, outside the waistband strong-side holster (Recommendation “Bravo Concealment”)
- Belt, sturdy belt minimum 1.5 inch
- Hearing protection (electronic recommended)
- Required clothing will be loose fitting polo shirt, comfortable pants or shorts
- Recommend: wearing a t-shirt under polo shirt
- Any other clothing appropriate for outdoor range and weather conditions
- Ball cap, keep sweat, sun and brass off face
- Athletic shoes, boots, no open toe shoes or sandals
- Water and snacks