Youth Basic Pistol & Safety: $69.95 (3hr)
This is an introductory course for youth shooters including classroom and range time with semi-automatic pistols. The range portion of course will be supervised by our Chief Firearms Instructor, and the parent/guardian must be present on the range. The firearms will be semi-automatic .22 LR caliber so as not to discourage the new shooters with a large amount of recoil.
Teaching kids how to respect and safely handle firearms is extremely important. This course stresses safety both in the class room and out on the range. With a small class of only 4 students our Chief Instructor will be able to give hands on instruction to each student.
Each student will start with a SIRT Laser training pistol, the SIRT allows safe practice and repetition to learn sight alignment and trigger management. Once each student demonstrates safe handling with the SIRT, their instruction will begin with the .22 caliber pistol.
Students must be 12+ and parent/guardian must be with them on the range
Students will learn:
- Rules for safe firearm handling
- Range rules and range protocol
- Pistol parts and operation
- Types of .22 ammunition
- Shooting fundamentals (stance, grip, sight alignment and trigger management)
Range Required Equipment:
- Eye protection
- Hearing protection (electronic recommended)
- Range clothing appropriate for outdoor range and weather conditions
- Athletic shoes, no open toe shoes or sandals
- Water and snacks